The biggest holiday of the year is coming, but along with the most special holiday of all comes numerous gatherings where we cannot help but eat more than our usual portions and drink one too many glasses of margarita and alcoholic drinks, not to mention the traffic, the long queues, the stress and pressure that go with celebrating and preparing for the holidays.
Stroke is but one of the many ailments we should all be guarding ourselves and our families against this Christmas season, and at any given time.
Here are a few fast facts about stroke that you might want to educate yourself about:
- 1 in 6 people worldwide will have a stroke in their lifetime
- One person dies every 4 minutes from a stroke
- It’s the 4th leading cause of death in the US
- The drug being prescribed (Xarelto) to stroke survivors has been linked to the risk of internal bleeding. Recently, Xarelto side effects have been under scrutiny of the FDA.
- Finally, here is an infographic that illustrates the symptoms of a stroke and what actions take when one occurs. Knowing how to read and react to a stroke can determine a victim’s outcome and can make a big difference in someone’s life
You can read more about stroke patient’s safety here http://www.recallcenter.com/
Points to Ponder
Stroke can be a sneaky disease and strikes when we least expect it, that is why it is of utmost importance to do whatever we can to help spread #StrokeAwareness. Feel free to share this post on your social media pages, you will never know who could be needing this now.